Monday, January 2, 2012

Cherry Chip Deliciousness

I managed today to clean my room, even vacuumed too. Add baking a cake and reading two books. That would equal to my last day of Christmas break. My husband shaved his two week Xmas leave beard. The beard reminds me of the good old days preArmy when he had is goatee. But now it appears that he's gone more days without it than with. How fast the time has flown by.

I have simply pleasures and Cherry Chip Cake is one of them. Growing up it was/is my mothers favorite cake. But finding this flavor of Betty Crocker deliciousness is harder and harder as the years have gone by. After placing a plea on Facebook to my Michigan friends begging for someone to find me some. My mother took pity on me and mailed me two boxes from her personal stash. Oh how I'll savor every bite.

The two books I read today was:
Summer in Eclispe Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz & Dead End Dating (bk1) by Kimberly Raye.

Summer in EB is the third book of this trilogy. Typical romance with some mystery. An enjoyable read but nothing spectacular to review.

DED was a very interesting and funny read. I throughly enjoyed myself and plan on reading the next three books as soon as I finish writing here. The story is about a vampire black sheep girl trying to make her own way in life away from her fathers copying company franchise. She starts her own match making service geared toward human and the vampire/other kind. Love love love modern day paranormal books. Especially the ones that make me LOL.

Looking forward to reading the next books but hopefully I don't stay up too late. Back to school tomorrow.... No more sleeping in :(. But I have the house to myself again. :)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Yummy. They just started carrying Betty Crocker here - but only about two flavours. This made me think of QD's cherry glazed donuts which I now crave...

    ReplyDelete