Thursday, January 12, 2012

Use what you have..Make it work!

I am on a mission this year to make my own holiday decor myself and cheaply! I went to Michaels today with my mom. They still had quite a collection of Christmas stuff on clearance. As I was searching thru the piles I came across a large white destressed picture frame for 75% off!! I planning on using it for a St Patricks decor item. Still throwing some ideas for that. I also picked at Hobby Lobby thick chip board XOXOs. Sometime this week before my mon leaves we're going to decorate them somehow.

Today I was browsing Pinterest for ideas and came across a pin of a heart made out of Legos. I showed it to my son Donovan who is a huge Lego fan. I asked him if he could make me one or to help me make one. His response was "You don't know how to make that!" I could never turn away from a challenge. I think I did a good job. Donny made no comment after I showed him and yelled "In your face!!" I think watching all these kids shows are running off on me LOL. If you never heard of the "Regular Show" on Cartoon Network, you need to check it out.

2 comments: